In hopes of giving my blog readers a little insight into my personal life and allow you to get to know me a little bit more than the photo sessions I hold in Berks county, I will be aiming to post each Friday 5 random things from my week. Some might have photos and some might not, but regardless I will do my best to keep it entertaining.
So here goes my first five on Friday:
1. The stud of the house got a haircut…no, not Micah…not John either. After cleaning up massive amounts of dog fur on a daily basis we took Charlie to the groomer. With the warmer weather just around the corner, we figured it was time for him to part with that winter coat and hopefully keep our floors a little cleaner (is that even possible with a toddler around?). I think Charlie has a case of photographer’s child syndrome
2. Micah slept through the night last night!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, anyone that knows me well knows that I treasure sleep. I am not a naturally chipper person in the morning so dealing with interrupted sleep AND an early walking alarm clock has been hard to say the least. Sleep training has been an on-going thing in our household since Micah was 5 months old. Somehow sleep got disrupted in January and we went back into Micah getting up and wanting cuddles in the middle of the night, sometimes several times a night. We skimmed through our sleep bible (I highly recommend “Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child” by Marc Weissbluth to anyone that wants good sleep habits in the home) early this week and two nights later our feet didn’t touch the floor until 5 am. It feels wonderful to sleep through the night!
3. I’m not sure if it was the fact that I slept all night or the spring-cleaning bug giving me a bite, but I realized this morning that Micah’s diapers were still hanging around his room even though he’s been potty trained for a long time. So away went the BumGenius diapers along with a couple other nursery things. He is such a big boy it makes me want to cry. You don’t realize how fast they grow up until you are putting diapers away…okay, I really don’t miss changing diapers, but you get the point.
4. It took me a few days to realize that I was putting things on my calendar thinking I was writing them in for March and instead I was still on February. Then I realized the days match up between the months, at least this year.
5. My one orchid is in bloom! This orchid has been particularly good to me and follows a pretty consistent schedule of giving me blooms. Here is a close-up…isn’t it so preeeeety?!
I don’t think I was too random, was I? Have a great weekend everyone!